About Me - Katie Walsh

Friday 19 December 2014

Veeraswamy - One of the first Indian restaurants in London

So I had heard about Veeraswamy's on Regent Street in London for a while, and as a huge curry fan I had to check it out! I took my mother for her birthday with my brother, and I have to admit it was one of the best curries I had ever had. Founded in 1926 this amazing Indian restaurant is hidden away above a shop on Regent Street, the entrance is on Swallow street where you enter a narrow entrance and get a lift up to the first floor.



The decor was very traditional with the air smelling of fragrant spices and soft lighting.



With petals on the table we were placed over looking the busy regent street below watching the world go by which was really magical. , mango chutney and fresh onion mix, however their dips were a bit unusual but it is all part of the experience.
We ordered a selection of starters, mains, puddings and drinks to sample the whole experience. The Lobster Malabar was out of this world with such a creamy tomato sauce! I was however thrown as I do love my traditional dips for my poppadoms which I am used to getting (pickled chilli vegetables, mint sauce yogurt, mango chutney and fresh raw onions) instead their dips were slightly unusual flavours but it was all part of the experience.



Overall it a lovely meal which I would say is worth going to say you've been, or for a special occasion. Best curry I have ever had!





No comments:

Post a Comment