Miss Luxury Lifestyle
Reviewing, experiencing, recommending 'Luxury Lifestyle' - hotels, restaurants, events, music, festivals, concerts, retail, products, gifts, travel, cooking, beauty, fashion gadgets, clubs, bars, holidays, things to do and places to visit.
Saturday, 3 January 2015
My around the world travels 2006!
Monday, 22 December 2014
Christmas Gingerbread Men/Women by Chef Walsh x
- 350g/12oz plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g/4½oz butter
- 175g/6oz light soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- writing icing
- cake decorations
1. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
2. Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in clingfim and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
4. Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm/¼in thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cooled decorate with the writing icing and cake decorations.
Friday, 19 December 2014
Skala in Kefalonia Greek Island staying at Regina Del Aqua 5* Hotel
Veeraswamy - One of the first Indian restaurants in London
The decor was very traditional with the air smelling of fragrant spices and soft lighting.
With petals on the table we were placed over looking the busy regent street below watching the world go by which was really magical. , mango chutney and fresh onion mix, however their dips were a bit unusual but it is all part of the experience.
Overall it a lovely meal which I would say is worth going to say you've been, or for a special occasion. Best curry I have ever had!
A few girly last minute gift suggestions
Thursday, 18 December 2014
Xmas Pastry Party Treats
Introduction to Miss Luxury Lifestyle
I hope to review, experience and recommend the way of living a 'Luxury Lifestyle'. From sampling hotels, restaurants, events, music, fashion, testing products, gift suggestions, transport, travel, cooking (as I am a keen cook and huge foodie #chefwalsh), beauty, fashion, gadgets, clubs, bars, wedding venues, holidays, things to do and places to visit. I'm up for videos, pictures, reviews, anything really, so if you have any ideas or suggestions please get in touch and email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for stopping by, please 'follow' or bookmark me for future reference.